The Position Summary
- Title: Data Scientist
- Reports to: Head of Data & Engineering
- Works on: Client projects (medium-large project and retainer-based)
- Number of projects: 1-5
- Key objectives: Managing several medium to large profile client accounts
- Availability: Full-Time, APAC timezone
We are a Digital Marketing and Analytics Enterprise and we are very good at Analytics, SEO, CRO, Data Science. Find out more about our services
Our motto: Traffic is nice. Revenue is better.
We have the most fun working in competitive environments and our primary sectors by revenue are online travel, technology SaaS, e-commerce, finance, education and many more.
We strive to be an extension of our client’s team and provide tailor-made, return-focused work.
We are picky about the clients we bring on-board and very protective of our reputation. We won’t engage with a firm unless we believe we can make a difference to their business and help them Get Stuff Done!
This keeps us focussed on taking exciting projects, which motivates us to bring the best of our game and build lasting relationships with our clients.
We think the current agency model is broken and we really believe we can build a better alternative. But we need great people to help make this happen and that’s where you come in!
We are a bootstrapped company, we grew exponentially in the last few years and now seat 60 people working with us.
We are built to be remote from day 1, but if you want to say ‘Hello’, our office is 78 meters from the beach in Sydney. Make sure you bring your swimwear!
We're looking for a Data Scientist who can work with clients in order to get a better understanding of their data in order to help drive better business decisions.
This could mean consolidating data from disparate data sources, building data warehousing solutions or building reports.
Occasionally development work will be required in order to process huge volumes of data which may not be in an established format. The development will also be required to help build out IMWT’s suite of tools for internal use.
Individual Key Objectives
- Scoping requirements and setting realistic timelines with time estimates for tasks.
- Delivering on scoped requirements in the estimated time.
- Coming up with ideas to improve IMWT’s internal workflows (i.e. through automation) and participating in the implementation of them.
- Continued messaging with clients in order to understand their issues and how we can help them.
- Data collection and processing
- Data modelling and ETL
- Data analysis using business intelligence tools
- Reporting and data visualization
- Liaise with clients to present findings and understand needs
- Support account expansions when needed
You might be a great fit if you have…
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Google Analytics experience (is a plus)
- Experienced and well versed with: Python, R, Machine Learning, SQL, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
What’s in it for you
Having been on an epic international journey since 2010, we are a trusted digital marketing and analytics agency tackling complex challenges, with a key focus on the travel and hospitality industries.
IMWT has a proven track record of delivering powerful results for some of the best-known brands in the world. We measure, understand, grow and optimise our clients’ businesses.
Our entirely remote, diverse, coffee-mad team is full of geeky, professional, passionate and fun-loving people.
At IMWT we always remain true to our core beliefs and we look to connect with individuals capable of inspiring others, whether as part of our workforce, our clients’ teams or the broader community.
If you feel like working in an agency with a high-performance start-up atmosphere, want to work from wherever suits you best and you care about what you do, we might be the right kind of workplace for you.